An exciting new position has arisen within the HMRC department due to enhanced processes and aggressive targets
Chief Bureaucratic Officer (CBO)
Salary. £150k to £180k per annum
Permanent, full time post
To take a strategic lead of the illiberal officialism and development of Junior and middle management bureaucrats. To create new Quango processes for the efficiency of pen pushing and box ticking.
The candidate will develop policies for the policies already in place, and work in partnership with other policy implementers to deliver more sound policies by maximising productivity of those policies.
You must have:
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience of arguing, or whinging and whining. A dislike of the private sector would be a bonus.
* The ability to create suspicion and justify the unjustifiable.
* In addition to being disagreeable, being cynical is must.
* Solid understanding of how to strategically wriggle out of problems with borderline positioning within the law.
* Implement a stable, yet cross protective complaints department to cover for the plans implemented, thereby protecting the process and the staff.
* Excellent communication skills. Interpersonal skills desired although not essential.
* Enthusiasm, energy and a passion for micro managing at extreme autocratic levels.
We are looking for a candidate who has “the glass is half empty” outlook coupled with a unique ruthlessness for achieving the results. This position is suitable for anyone with longer term career aspirations of becoming a Eurocrat.
Full details of the above vacancy and an application form are available online at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Leslie Strathie or Dave Hartnett.
Closing date: 25 December 2010 Interview date: January 2011
Post number E22052128